Assistant Professor Nursing Science (non-tenure track)at University of Basel, Switzerland
The Academic Service Partnership of the University Hospital of Basel (USB) and the Institute of Nursing Science (INS) of the Medical Faculty of the University of Basel invite applications for a non-tenured professorship to strengthen its profile in transitional/integrated care models (i.e. for elderly people and chronically ill).
The Institute of Nursing Science (INS) is considered the Swiss and a European leading university center of nursing science. The University Hospital of Basel (USB) is one of five full academic medical centers in Switzerland employing more than 7.000 staff members and treating 38.000 inpatients annually.
– Develop a research program, preferred in care of chronically ill and/or elderly people, emphasizing new transitional or integrated models of care with an implementation science perspective.
– Contribute to the development of the academic service partnership of the INS and USB.
– Teach in the Nursing Science master program
– Supervise PhD students
– Serve in the INS Leadership team to execute strategic planning initiatives in education, research, and clinical field development.
– PhD in Nursing or related health science
– Successful track record of research in the relevant areas
– Interest in interdisciplinary and interprofessional collaboration
We offer you
– Strong research infrastructure of the INS and the medical faculty
– Mentorship by senior researchers
– Collaborative and aspiring environment
– International team
– Tri-national region with high quality of life
Application / Contact
Please send your application until February, 28th 2020, latest, to:
The application guideline is available at:
Further general information may be obtained from:
Prof. Dr. Frank Zimmermann
Chair of the commission
Tel.+41 61 328 79 49
Prof. Dr. Michael Simon
Department Public Health, Nursing Science
Tel. +41 61 207 09 12